The Drybar brand powers contextual messaging and search
Since launching in 2012, the Drybar brand has disrupted the haircare industry and defined a new category with its blowout-only, brick-and-mortar business model. The Drybar brand has exceptional brand recognition, in part due to its highly loyal customer base. By understanding the location of their clients, the brand is able to anticipate client needs, deliver personalized experiences, and strengthen client relationships over time.
Amidst the uncertainty of the COVID-19 pandemic, driving appointment bookings in areas that were open and safe became critical. With over 70% of bookings already coming directly from the app, the Drybar team saw an opportunity to improve and optimize the client app experience to help secure more appointments and increase revenue.
With robust Geofencing capabilities, flexible Geo APIs, and a privacy-first approach, Radar met the needs of both the Drybar Marketing and Product teams. Radar’s extensible platform and turnkey integrations with Braze® and mParticle enables the team to quickly roll out additional location-based features.
- By using Radar’s Distance Matrix API, clients can locate and book appointments at nearby Drybar locations.
- Radar’s user-friendly platform made it simple for the Drybar shops to geofence all locations. A geofence exit event is triggered in Radar as clients leave their appointment, enabling Drybar shops to prompt for feedback via a survey when the experience is top of mind.
- Drybar shops can leverage Radar to surface relevant offers based on a user’s current location. For example, offering coupons in regions experiencing bad weather.
- In addition to providing an extensible solution that enabled the Drybar brand to quickly activate location-based messaging and experiences, Radar has also driven meaningful business impact.
- Radar’s location-triggered notifications powered by Braze drove a 3x uplift in Drybar appointment bookings compared to non-targeted messaging.
- Radar empowers the Drybar brand to exceed client expectations by making it accessible and convenient for clients to engage with Drybar shops in real-time and in a personalized way.
Each Drybar® is independently owned and operated. Drybar® is a registered trademark owned by Helen of Troy Limited and used by DB Franchise, LLC under license.