Traveloka powers contextual messaging and on-trip experiences
Traveloka is Southeast Asia's leading digital travel and lifestyle booking platform and seeks to provide its customers with a comprehensive solution for all of their travel and lifestyle needs, including Transport, Accommodations, Lifestyle, and Financial Services.
The Traveloka mobile app, which has seen more than 40 million downloads to date, is the all-in-one travel and lifestyle booking platform. The Traveloka product team is tasked with building, maintaining, and driving adoption of the features required to support this wide offering.
Traveloka needed a location data infrastructure solution to surface features and product recommendations at relevant moments based on a real-time understanding of customer context. The product team evaluated building an internal solution or partnering with a vendor.
Traveloka chose Radar as the developer-friendly solution after validating:
- Ease of implementation and lightweight SDKs
- Tracking presets that achieved the right balance of accuracy and battery efficiency with custom location tracking options for flexibility as needed
- User-friendly dashboard for management of Geofences, Places, and Regions
- Integrations with existing tools including Segment, Braze and Amplitude
Traveloka partnered with Radar to geofence places and regions of interest, understand when customers enter and exit these locations, and deliver personalized communications and in-app experiences.
Traveloka identifies when travelers arrive at their destination and encourages them to book transportation through the app or check out recommended activities. Traveloka provides promotions and helpful information as travelers arrive at these locations.
For Traveloka, engaging with users on their journey means a better customer experience and increased revenue from on-trip promotions.
Traveloka has seen upwards of a 300% increase in open rates from location-triggered messaging to date, driving significant revenue.
Radar made it easy for Traveloka to achieve that impressive spike. It took Traveloka just one month to implement Radar and begin launching location-based experiences.
By selecting Radar, Traveloka saved at least 3 months of initial engineering efforts, plus ongoing maintenance dedicated to:
- Building separate location libraries for both its Android and iOS apps
- Testing and identifying the appropriate tracking configuration
- Building the necessary backend systems for processing massive amounts of location data
Radar powers Traveloka's location strategy, empowering them build incredible experiences without the engineering overhead.